Monday, April 1, 2019

The Ambrose Deception

Title:  The Ambrose Deception

Author:  Emily Ecton

Published:  2018

Pages:  359


The Ambrose Deception is one of the books I read on a recent weekend read-a-thon.  I think I was initially drawn to the name Ambrose because I was thinking about Ambrose Bierce who wrote The Devil's Dictionary.  (this book doesn't have anything to do with that one though)


Emily Ecton, who once wrote for the hilarious show Wait, Wait...Don't tell me!, really put together a fun cast of characters and a twisty plot with this one.  The Ambrose Deception brings together three high school students who aren't exactly at the top of their class, but are willing to try to solve some clues in order to win a $10,000 scholarship.  Melissa, Wilf, and Bondi attempt to solve things on their own but later end up joining forces to find out if they are playing a game or if they are being played.  

If you have ever visited Chicago or dreamed of going, be sure to check this book out first.  You'll be amazed at all the fun places and mysteries of history that the old city can boast of. 




 

1 comment:

  1. This book sounds really intriguing. I just put it on hold. And I loved our visit to Chicago so I'm curious to rediscover it through this book.

    ReplyDelete