Thursday, July 5, 2018

Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow


Title:  Nevermoor:  The Trials of Morrigan Crow

Author:  Jessica Townsend

Published:  2017

Pages:  480


I've started following BookTuber Zoe in ReadbyZoe.  This was one she recommended from last year.  I ordered the large print edition from my library and it was 617 pages long!  

As Morrigan Crow, a cursed child living in Jackalfax, nears her eleventh birthday she knows that she is going to die.  She is enjoying her favorite dinner of lamb chops, roast parsnips, and minted peas when a knock comes at the front door.  Hearing footsteps coming down the hallway Morrigan thought..."Is this it?  Is this Death, come to take me?  Does Death wear boots?"

Death may or may  not wear boots, but Jupiter North does as he whisks her away to a magical city called Nevermoor.  Morrigan gets to ride on a giant spider, is housed in a shape shifting room, and befriends a gigantic cat.  But the real adventures begin with the four trials she has to go through.  

Even though Nevermoor was listed as Fiction, I would really say it borders on Fantasy.  Either way, I know you'll enjoy the humor, adventure, and mystery of this WUNDERFUL book!  (just read the book and you'll know why I spelled it that way)   


xoxo,
Kelly






1 comment: